Hello, my name is Linda Mellor, I am a Fife-based published writer, established photographer and speaker.
What I do: Professional photography, freelance copy and content writing, feature and column writing, promotion of goods and services within the countryside sector. I have written the column ‘behind the lens’ for the Scottish Gamekeepers Association for 7+ years, Scottish Country Life columns and sporting features for Farming Scotland and Shooting Scotland Magazines, country sports features for Scottish Farmer’s Country Lifestyle Magazine, and regularly supply online platforms with themed articles.
What I can do for you: Write tailored copy for your website, magazine, blog, newsletter and marketing literature. Engage with your audience by writing dedicated articles, explore and share the features and benefits of your products and services. Social media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram are my favourites) is a great business tool, and I can help you use it your advantage. I have a host of specialist subjects under my hat and can write about most aspects of the Scottish countryside and country sports: fishing, fly-fishing, trout and salmon (river and loch), clay and game shooting, professional and competition level shotgun coaching, wildfowling, deer stalking (specifically roe deer) and gundog training. I am also well-versed in the wider topics relating to age, relationships and health (see my previous experience).
You can book me as a photographer to capture fishing on a river, a loch or shoreline, game fairs, country shows, gundog tests, and to take promotional and product images. Any shooting event; driven grouse, partridge and pheasant shooting, clay shooting, duck flighting, wildfowling and roe deer stalking. Commission me for a project or to create business profiles and portraits. Buy images from me for personal or business use.
Field testing products: I am active in the countryside, I shoot, stalk and fish in addition to working within the sector and very well-placed to field test clothing, footwear, equipment and transport.
About me: Born in Fife, I was brought up with horses, gundogs and shotguns. I travelled to London in my early 20s and spent 15 years working within technology sector recruiting and headhunting senior sales. I left London in 2001 to live in The Cotswolds, then down to Devon and up to Cumbria before returning to Fife in 2011. You can see my LinkedIn Profile here.
- In 2001, I built up my photography business. Initially, I covered regional news, tourism and countryside events then branched out into national news and women’s magazines covering ‘real life’ stories and sensitive subject matter.
- In 2005, I created a specialist online membership-based club for ladies. I grew the membership, wrote press releases, managed a busy forum and regularly promoted the business to national and worldwide media. I was interviewed on chat shows, news channels and was often the ‘expert’ on national radio, giving advice and comment.
- In 2009, while based in Cumbria, I was responsible for an online hyper-local news site sourcing and creating content and photography for each story. I merged my professional photography with freelance writing.
- In 2011, I redefined my focus on the countryside sector, an area I know well. My features appeared in most of the UK’s mainstream shooting press. I have regular columns and features in Scottish titles and give talks. My photography appears on large signage at the Scottish Game Fair (gun dog section), on trade stands, show guides, front covers, in books, in magazines, in homes and on vehicles, bought by Royalty, featured in promotional and marketing brochures, and press releases.
- In 2018, I published my first novel ’50 Onwards & Upwards’, it is available for purchase in Kindle and Book format on Amazon, click on this link to go directly to Amazon.